Why our new home will be RemarkABLE
A world-class facility open seven days a week.
It will cater for children and young people (0-25yrs) with sensory, physical, learning difficulties, SEN and any mild to profound disability.
Our new home is truly going to be one of a kind. Here's why:
- Caters for every disability
- Stealthy Health – all equipment will provide either exercise or a varied sensory experience
- Based on physiotherapy principles
- Protects physical and mental health and wellbeing
- Space to make lots of family memories
- Reduces isolation
- Celebrates difference and equality
- Inclusive for everyone
- A safe, supportive environment
- Disability lead and non-judgemental
- Innovative and world-class equipment
- Tailored rooms, equipment and sessions for different needs
- Community-focused café
- Experienced staff
- Constantly adapting to families’ needs
- Open seven days a week
- Able to support over 70,000 children and young people with disabilities, plus their families, every year.
Our plan has always been to build for better and create a home for Gympanzees.
Before starting Gympanzees, Stephanie Wheen (our Founder and CEO) had a physio practise which specialised in treating children and young adults with disabilities. It was oversubscribed and yet there was a staggering lack of disabled friendly facilities for children and young people that catered for their specific needs.
Fast forward a few years and Gympanzees is here! We’ve been running an equipment Lending Library, online resources and temporary solutions called Pop Ups to provide support and refine our services. Over the 58 days our Pop Ups have been running, we’ve had nearly 8,000 visits, with some families travelling over five hours for a 1.5-hour session, and we’ve had some amazing feedback.
All the services we provide have the needs of the children and young people with disabilities and their families at their core.
Feedback from families has helped us get to where we are now, and it will always shape our future delivery.