It’s a really exciting time to join our amazing team at Gympanzees! We would love to hear from you if any of our vacancies sound like a great match to your skills and experience. We also offer volunteering opportunities please contact us for details.
Job Title: Legal Trustee [Responsible to Chair of Trustees]
Location: Board Meetings at Main Office or Virtual (Zoom)
Role Type: Voluntary
Key skills required: Leadership, Legal background, Governance
Time commitment: 7 board meetings per year plus an away day, as well as chairing relevant committee every 3 months and attendance at various ad hoc events.
The chosen candidate would be a highly experienced qualified barrister, solicitor or equivalent and be able to demonstrate:
- A strong track record in the legal profession, leading complex and growing organisations
- Previous experience of the third sector, property law and charity law is desirable.
- Experience of reviewing contracts
- An ability to analyse information; use good, independent judgement; and a willingness to challenge constructively when necessary
- The ability to communicate legal concepts to non-legal trustees and officers
- The ability to demonstrate business acumen
- The necessary networks and contacts to assist Gympanzees in achieving its goals as well as high level interpersonal skills, a collaborative approach to working and the ability to persuade and influence as well as promote the interests of the Charity
- A strong empathy for the aims, objective, and activities of Gympanzees
- Integrity and judgement with a strong commitment to evidencing our values
- An excellent, confident, and persuasive communicator
- A good sense of humour with the desire to be part of a high energy and dynamic organisation and strongly committed to a growth mindset
- Experience of networking
- A commitment to safeguarding vulnerable children and adults
- A genuine willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to execute their duties as Trustees
- We are particularly keen to achieve a more diverse Board of Trustees and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Benefits of Trusteeship with Gympanzees
This role gives you a unique opportunity to be at the core of an organisation at the cusp of a new, exciting phase of growth. Our plans are very ambitious, but our impacts will be significant.
- Improving your community – transforming lives of children and young people with disability.
- Strategic application – critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Professional networks – meeting diverse professionals.
- Developing skills and experience – adapting your professional knowledge
- Team working – constructively challenge ideas, interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join Gympanzees, how your skills would add value to the board and any other
relevant information. Please note, an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) and reference check will be obtained for the chosen candidate.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 07773 553112
Diversity and Equality statement – At Gympanzees we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. It is our mission to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our community and its employees.