Gympanzees is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we collect, use and store. Our policy is in accordance with GDPR, the Data Protection Act (1998/2018), all other national laws and will be amended from time to time as regulations and best practice changes.
Gympanzees endorses fully and adheres to the six principles of data protection as set out in the Article 5 of the GDPR.
- Data will be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Data will be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Data will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
- Data will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
2. How we collect your personal information
We only collect your personal information in the following ways:
- When you provide the details to us via email, phone, our website, in the post or in person. This can occur when you:
- Make a donation
- Buy merchandise / perk
- Take out membership
- Take part in a fundraising event
- Apply for a job or volunteer post.
- Sign up to our mailing list.
- Interact with us through thirdparties; g. make a donation via Ticket Tailor and consent to them sharing that information with us.
- We may use other publicly available resources.g. via the electoral register.
3. The kind of information we hold about you
The type of information we will hold about you will depend on how you have interacted with us.
In most cases this will only include, your name, title, email address, postal address and telephone number.
Regarding our staff and volunteers, we will also need to hold your NI number and date of birth. Additionally, our safeguarding duties require us to collect information prior to your engagement with us i.e. that required for DBS checks, health information and the information you give us about your qualifications and skills.
4. How we will use personal data we hold about you
We will use this information to:
- Administer our staff and volunteers’ arrangements.
- Keep a record of your relationship with us.
- Provide you with information about ourselves, our events and activities.
- Seek your thoughts and opinions on the services and facilities we provide
- Notify you of any changes in our services and facilities.
5. Case Study privacy procedures
We operate a coding system to stop the identification of parents and/ or children whose experiences we document in our case studies.
6. Communicating with you
We will only contact you about Gympanzees if you have requested or agreed to these communications.
You can remove your consent at any time by contacting email@example.com or writing to us at: Gympanzees, 236 Henleaze Road, Bristol. BS9 4NG or by unsubscribing to our newsletters.
7. Data Retention
Gympanzees will only hold your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. Some forms of information will be retained longer than others in line with GDPR guidelines.
- Staff and volunteers:Data will be retained for 25 years from the termination date of anyone engaged in a position of trust. The data will not be processed but will be safely stored in line with our safeguarding responsibilities.
- Supporters of our work:Personal data of our supporters (individual and corporate) and users will be retained for 6 years after their involvement ceases. It will not be processed in this time unless there is a specific reason.
8. Retraction of Consent
If an individual retracts their consent for the lawful use of their data, we will respond by:
- Contact them to confirm the request to retract was made intentionally.
- The information held will be removed from the database with a record of the date the retraction was confirmed. The information will however be securely held for the periods as outlined initem 6.
9. Sharing Personal Information
Gympanzees will never share your personal information with other organizations for marketing or commercial purposes. We will only share data when required to do so by law.
Gympanzees may share your information with third parties for the administration of its activities i.e. bookings, fundraising, payments etc.
- Ticket Tailor
- DBS checks co-ordinator.
- Our accountants
- Website and email providers
- Online storage systems
We will only work with third party organizations that comply with UK Data Protection Laws.
10. Your rights
You have various rights in respect of Data Protection law. These include:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You can make a complaint to the Data Protection Supervisory Authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Information Commissioners Office,
Tel 01625 545745
Web site: https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Review Date: 23/02/2022