We are so excited to be expanding the team!
If you have experience with writing grant applications, we are looking for you!
This is a great opportunity to become part of the Gympanzees team and be involved in our work to support children with disabilities and their families.
About the role…
Job Title: Grants and Trusts Manager
Reporting into: Head of Development
Purpose of the Job
As the grants and trusts manager at Gympanzees, you will be responsible for researching and applying for appropriate grants to ensure the annual grant income target is achieved.
You will be given the opportunity to work closely with leading stakeholders in this exciting charity to ensure every child and young person with a disability in and around Bristol has access to play, friendship and exercise and work towards helping build a world class permanent facility that will support them 364 days a year.
Ideal for someone who has proven experience of researching and writing successful grant applications, you’ll need the ability to distil lots of important information and turn it into engaging and informative copy that tells our story and meets the grant brief. For this, you’ll need excellent copy writing skills and need to be very organised and methodical in your approach.
The grant manager role has a number of key activities:
- Researching new (and existing) grant opportunities: looking at fit, size, timelines and deciding with the head of development’s support which ones we should apply for
- Write grant applications, and obtain sign off from head of development
- Submit grant applications
- Report on progress of live and draft applications
- Liaise with grant providers to ensure their reporting requirements are met
- Manage a master grants database which gives us a complete picture of what grants are out there, which ones are a good fit for us, status of our applications etc
- Keep a record of key KPIs around success rate
- Manage a part time grants officer
- Any other development activities, and wider charity activities, that will help further the organisation’s objectives.
To do this job you need to have:
- Minimum of a 2 year’s grant writing experience
- A degree-level education, or another relevant qualification
- The skill to work independently and to take initiative
- The ability to multi-task and be comfortable with changing priorities
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Highly proficient computer skills and a confident technology user overall
- Strong analytical capabilities
- A ‘completer-finisher’ with good attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
Job Type: Part time fixed term contract, 22 hours per week.
Salary: £30,000 pro rata
To apply, please send a short covering letter explaining why you should be considered for the role, along with your CV, to Stephanie Ween – CEO Gympanzees at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 18/01/2021.
We look forward to meeting you!