This is a great opportunity for someone with significant Strategic Marketing and Communications experience to join our Board of Trustees
Job Title: Marketing Trustee [Responsible to Chair of Trustees]
Location: Board Meetings at Main Office or Virtual (Zoom)
Role Type: Voluntary
Key skills required: Leadership, Governance, Strategic Marketing
Time commitment: 7 board meetings per year plus an away day, as well as chairing relevant committee every 3 months and attendance at various ad hoc events.
The chosen candidate would be a highly experienced qualified marketing and communications professional and be able to demonstrate:
- A strong empathy for the aims, objective, and activities of Gympanzees.
- Integrity and judgement with a strong commitment to evidencing our values.
- An experienced marketing and communications professional with an excellent track record in strategic marketing
- Senior brand management and growth experience
- Extensive experience of marketing and communications strategy and operating at board level
- Someone who can actively demonstrate a depth of understanding around current key marketing challenges
- Someone who has a robust understanding of digital marketing
- Experience of PR, mitigating reputational risk and crisis management
- Excellent communication, relationship-building and networking skills, with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders, as well as engaging potential agency partners to unlock access to different creative and media opportunities.
- Previous experience of the third sector is highly desirable.
- An ability to analyse information; use good, independent judgement; and a willingness to challenge constructively when necessary.
- The ability to demonstrate business acumen.
- The necessary networks and contacts to assist Gympanzees in achieving its goals as well as high level interpersonal skills, a collaborative approach to working and the ability to persuade and influence as well as promote the interests of the Charity.
- An excellent, confident, and persuasive communicator.
- A good sense of humour with the desire to be part of a high energy and dynamic organisation and highly committed to a growth mindset.
- Experience of networking, particularly with major donors to generate income.
- A commitment to safeguarding vulnerable children and adults
- A genuine willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to execute their duties as Trustees
- We are particularly keen to achieve a more diverse Board of Trustees and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Benefits of Trusteeship with Gympanzees
This role gives you a unique opportunity to be at the core of an organisation at the cusp of a new, exciting phase of growth. Our plans are very ambitious, but our impacts will be significant.
- Improving your community – transforming lives of children and young people with disability.
- Strategic application – critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Professional networks – meeting diverse professionals.
- Developing skills and experience – adapting your professional knowledge
- Team working – constructively challenge ideas, interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join Gympanzees, how your skills would add value to the board and any other
relevant information. Please note, an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) and reference check will be obtained for the chosen candidate.
Application and Selection Process – Dates for your diary
- Application’s Closing Date: 8th June 2021
- Interview dates to be agreed.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 07773 553112