This is a great opportunity for someone with a broad set of senior skills to join our Board of Trustees
Job Title: Trustee [Responsible to Chair of Trustees]
Location: Board Meetings at Main Office or Virtual (Zoom)
Role Type: Voluntary
Key skills required: Leadership, Governance, Strategy, Growth
Time commitment: 7 board meetings per year plus an away day, as well as chairing relevant committee every 3 months and attendance at various ad hoc events.
The chosen candidate will have an extensive and broad set of skills at a senior level that can help us achieve our mission of opening our permanent home in Bristol; a world-class facility to provide play, exercise and social opportunities for children and young people with disabilities, and their families. The candidate will have:
- The necessary networks and contacts to assist Gympanzees in achieving its strategic and fundraising goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working, with the ability to persuade and influence as well as promote the interests of the Charity at the highest levels across Bristol
- Highly experienced and skilled in any of the following areas:
- Charity or voluntary governance
- Enterprise / business development
- Capital builds
- Fundraising / income generation
- Finance to FD level
- Legal (see other trustee job profile)
- Marketing and PR Communications (see other trustee job profile)
- Medical / Lived experience of disability
- The ability to analyse information; use good, independent judgement and a willingness to challenge constructively when necessary
- The ability to communicate clearly with other trustees and officers
- A strong empathy for the aims, objective, and activities of Gympanzees
- Integrity and judgement with a strong commitment to evidencing our values
- An excellent, confident, and persuasive communicator
- A good sense of humour with the desire to be part of a high energy and dynamic organisation and strongly committed to a growth mindset
- Experience of networking
- A commitment to safeguarding vulnerable children and adults
- A genuine willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to execute their duties as Trustees
- We are particularly keen to achieve a more diverse Board of Trustees and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Benefits of Trusteeship with Gympanzees
This role gives you a unique opportunity to be at the core of an organisation at the cusp of a new, exciting phase of growth. Our plans are very ambitious, but our impacts will be significant.
- Improving your community – transforming lives of children and young people with disability.
- Strategic application – critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Professional networks – meeting diverse professionals.
- Developing skills and experience – adapting your professional knowledge
- Team working – constructively challenge ideas, interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join Gympanzees, how your skills would add value to the board and any other
relevant information. Please note, an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) and reference check will be obtained for the chosen candidate.
Application and Selection Process – Dates for your diary
- Application’s Closing Date 8th June 2021
- Interview dates to be agreed.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 07773 553112