It’s a really exciting time to join our amazing team at Gympanzees! We would love to hear from you if any of our vacancies sound like a great match to your skills and experience. We also offer volunteering opportunities please contact us for details.
Role: Volunteer Administration Assistant
Gympanzees is a multi-award-winning Bristol based charity. Our mission is to ensure all children and young people with a disability have access to regular exercise, play and friendship. Our aim is to open multiple exercise and play facilities around the country – the first of which will be in Bristol.
We are seeking to recruit two Volunteer Administration Assistant to support us as we embark on this next phase for Gympanzees. You will act as first point of contact monitoring our inbox and play an important role in keeping our data and details up to date to comply with data protection legislation. In your role you will work alongside the Executive Assistant and will provide support in a well-organised and timely manner supporting with administration, invoicing, record keeping and research tasks.
In this role you’ll be helping with making sure that the administration at Gympanzees runs smoothly but most importantly you will be helping us on our journey to open our permanent home in Bristol.
This role is envisaged as part time for up to a maximum of 10 hours per week over 2- 3 days. At Gympanzees, we offer a working environment that enables everyone to perform their best with flexible hours and remote working options to suit your home life. This is an ongoing role, and you would very much be part of our friendly team.
The role is home based with the option to work with the rest of our team on a Monday in our office space in Clifton, Bristol.
This is a great opportunity for you to gain experience within our charity and develop your existing administration and organisation skills and learn new ones. For us it is a great opportunity to gain your knowledge, skills, and support.
Skills you’ll need
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to apply our disability, equality, and inclusion practices
- Impeccable organisational skills
- Confidence using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- The ability to work independently and in a team
- Be reliable
What’s in it for you
At Gympanzees we strive to create a workplace that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. It is our mission to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our community and its employees.We are a hugely passionate and driven team, and our jobs are more than just work. As a small team, every opinion is valued, and we encourage risk and learning to make us as good as we can be. By joining us as a volunteer you will
- Gain experience in an administration role
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team
- Have learning opportunities so you can represent Gympanzees with confidence
- Opportunity to support at our fundraising events through the year
- Have a say in the future of Gympanzees
- The knowledge that you are making a difference to people’s live
Job Type: Volunteer position, unpaid role Positions available: 2
Gympanzees is committed to promoting diversity and encourages applications from underrepresented groups (e.g., Disabled people, people from ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+ people) and as a Disability Confident Employer we guarantee an interview to all applicants who meet our essential criteria.
To apply, please send a short covering letter explaining why you should be considered for the role. We are also happy to accept your covering letter in video format.
If you are successfully shortlisted, you will then be invited for an interview and if successful you will be asked to provide the names of two referees who have known you for at least two years preferably in a professional context. This can include employers, colleagues, teachers, tutors, support workers, community leaders, child’s teacher or a member of a hobby or exercise group you belong to.
Our commitment to safeguarding
At Gympanzees, we take very seriously our responsibilities for the safety and welfare of the people who use our services, our volunteers, staff and the organisation as a whole.
All applicants successful at interview will be asked to disclose unspent convictions under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (as amended in 2013).
If you would like this document in any other format or if you are experiencing difficulties applying, please get in touch by email, phone or in writing.
Address: Origin Workspace, 40 Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HP
Job Title: Legal Trustee [Responsible to Chair of Trustees]
Location: Board Meetings at Main Office or Virtual (Zoom)
Role Type: Voluntary
Key skills required: Leadership, Legal background, Governance
Time commitment: 7 board meetings per year plus an away day, as well as chairing relevant committee every 3 months and attendance at various ad hoc events.
The chosen candidate would be a highly experienced qualified barrister, solicitor or equivalent and be able to demonstrate:
- A strong track record in the legal profession, leading complex and growing organisations
- Previous experience of the third sector, property law and charity law is desirable.
- Experience of reviewing contracts
- An ability to analyse information; use good, independent judgement; and a willingness to challenge constructively when necessary
- The ability to communicate legal concepts to non-legal trustees and officers
- The ability to demonstrate business acumen
- The necessary networks and contacts to assist Gympanzees in achieving its goals as well as high level interpersonal skills, a collaborative approach to working and the ability to persuade and influence as well as promote the interests of the Charity
- A strong empathy for the aims, objective, and activities of Gympanzees
- Integrity and judgement with a strong commitment to evidencing our values
- An excellent, confident, and persuasive communicator
- A good sense of humour with the desire to be part of a high energy and dynamic organisation and strongly committed to a growth mindset
- Experience of networking
- A commitment to safeguarding vulnerable children and adults
- A genuine willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to execute their duties as Trustees
- We are particularly keen to achieve a more diverse Board of Trustees and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Benefits of Trusteeship with Gympanzees
This role gives you a unique opportunity to be at the core of an organisation at the cusp of a new, exciting phase of growth. Our plans are very ambitious, but our impacts will be significant.
- Improving your community – transforming lives of children and young people with disability.
- Strategic application – critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Professional networks – meeting diverse professionals.
- Developing skills and experience – adapting your professional knowledge
- Team working – constructively challenge ideas, interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join Gympanzees, how your skills would add value to the board and any other
relevant information. Please note, an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) and reference check will be obtained for the chosen candidate.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 07773 553112
Diversity and Equality statement – At Gympanzees we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. It is our mission to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our community and its employees.