It’s a really exciting time to join our amazing team at Gympanzees! We would love to hear from you if any of our vacancies sound like a great match to your skills and experience. We also offer volunteering opportunities please contact us for details.
Job Title: Digital Marketing Officer
Location: Bristol (Hybrid)
Role Type: Part-time – 22.5 hrs pw (1-year contract)
Salary: £25,000 pro rata
Gympanzees is a multi-award-winning Bristol based charity. Our mission is to ensure all children and young people with a disability have access to regular exercise, play and friendship. Our aim is to open multiple exercise and play facilities around the country – the first of which will be in Bristol.
As Digital Marketing Officer, you will play a key role in raising Gympanzees profile. You will work with the Head of Community and Communications and the marketing and fundraising team to plan, develop and implement all aspects of Gympanzees digital marketing strategy to reach more people, raise more funds and build stronger relationships with our audiences.
A brilliant communicator, you will have a flair for storytelling and will be instrumental in delivering engaging multi-media content for our website, social media channels, and email campaigns; bringing initiative and creative ideas to the role.
Our ideal candidate will bring experience of digital communications, audience segmentation, branding and awareness-raising campaigns.
At Gympanzees, we offer a working environment that enables everyone to perform their best with flexible hours and remote working options to suit your home life. The role is home based with the team working in an office space in Clifton, Bristol on Mondays.
Main Responsibilities – include but are not limited to
- Reaching new audiences to raise awareness of our charity and our capital appeal to build the first fully inclusive leisure facility in the UK
- Engaging in multiple marketing and media channels, primarily online, to increase our reach
- Building our brand awareness
- Managing and growing our social media channels, ensuring consistency of voice and brand
- The creation of engaging and dynamic multi-faceted content for our website, social media, email marketing and campaigns
- Lead on content gathering to create compelling, news-worthy content that inspires action
- Leading on PR strategy, making and maintaining connections for PR
- Suggest improvements to, and maintain the website, ensuring it is always up to date and delivers an exceptional user experience
- Proactively seeking opportunities for joint communications and collaboration with our partners
- Ensuring all relevant permissions are obtained for photography and video
- Being responsible for the creation of marketing materials, including managing relationships with external creative agencies
- Liaising with the development and fundraising teams to ensure they have all the necessary communications to fulfil service delivery and fundraising objectives
- Producing weekly marketing KPIs
- Assisting with any other communications and development activities, and wider charity activities, that will help further the organisation’s objectives.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a digital marketing or communications role
- A degree-level education, or another relevant qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of creating compelling social content for a range of platforms
- Outstanding written communication skills and extensive experience in copywriting
- Experience of delivering campaigns across multiple marketing and media channels
- Ability to create content for a variety of audiences such as, service users, funders, corporate sponsors
- Experience working with the media and drafting press releases
- Knowledge of and experience with CMS and CRM systems
- Experience using Google Analytics to provide analysis on the delivery of activity
- Ability to manage relationships with outside agencies and creatives
- Excellent proof-reading skills
- A creative approach to social media and appetite for keeping up with the latest trends
- Ability to edit video
- Experience with design systems e.g., Canva and Adobe Suite (or similar)
- The skill to work independently and to take initiative
- The ability to multi-task and be comfortable with changing priorities
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Highly proficient computer skills and a confident technology user overall
- Strong analytical capabilities
- A ‘completer-finisher’ with good attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Knowledge of disability is not essential, but highly desirable
What’s in it for you
At Gympanzees we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. It is our mission to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our community and its employees. We are a hugely passionate and driven team, and our jobs are more than just work. As a small team, every opinion is valued, and we encourage risk and learning to make us as good as we can be. By joining us you will
- Have the opportunity to lead on exciting marketing campaigns and press releases
- Work with a friendly and enthusiastic team during an exciting time for the charity
- Develop in a creative role through continuous training and development
- Know your work will help thousands of children and young people with disabilities and their families
Gympanzees is committed to promoting diversity and encourages applications from underrepresented groups (e.g., Disabled people, people from ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+ people) and as a Disability Confident Employer we guarantee an interview to all applicants who meet our essential criteria.
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you should be considered for the role. We are also happy to accept your covering letter in video format.
Our commitment to safeguarding
At Gympanzees, we take very seriously our responsibilities for the safety and welfare of the people who use our services, our volunteers, staff and the organisation as a whole.
All applicants successful at interview will be asked to disclose unspent convictions under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (as amended in 2013).
If you would like this document in any other format or if you are experiencing difficulties applying, please get in touch by email, phone or in writing.
Address: Origin Workspace, 40 Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HP
Job Title: Legal Trustee [Responsible to Chair of Trustees]
Location: Board Meetings at Main Office or Virtual (Zoom)
Role Type: Voluntary
Key skills required: Leadership, Legal background, Governance
Time commitment: 7 board meetings per year plus an away day, as well as chairing relevant committee every 3 months and attendance at various ad hoc events.
The chosen candidate would be a highly experienced qualified barrister, solicitor or equivalent and be able to demonstrate:
- A strong track record in the legal profession, leading complex and growing organisations
- Previous experience of the third sector, property law and charity law is desirable.
- Experience of reviewing contracts
- An ability to analyse information; use good, independent judgement; and a willingness to challenge constructively when necessary
- The ability to communicate legal concepts to non-legal trustees and officers
- The ability to demonstrate business acumen
- The necessary networks and contacts to assist Gympanzees in achieving its goals as well as high level interpersonal skills, a collaborative approach to working and the ability to persuade and influence as well as promote the interests of the Charity
- A strong empathy for the aims, objective, and activities of Gympanzees
- Integrity and judgement with a strong commitment to evidencing our values
- An excellent, confident, and persuasive communicator
- A good sense of humour with the desire to be part of a high energy and dynamic organisation and strongly committed to a growth mindset
- Experience of networking
- A commitment to safeguarding vulnerable children and adults
- A genuine willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to execute their duties as Trustees
- We are particularly keen to achieve a more diverse Board of Trustees and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Benefits of Trusteeship with Gympanzees
This role gives you a unique opportunity to be at the core of an organisation at the cusp of a new, exciting phase of growth. Our plans are very ambitious, but our impacts will be significant.
- Improving your community – transforming lives of children and young people with disability.
- Strategic application – critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Professional networks – meeting diverse professionals.
- Developing skills and experience – adapting your professional knowledge
- Team working – constructively challenge ideas, interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
To apply, please email email@example.com your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join Gympanzees, how your skills would add value to the board and any other
relevant information. Please note, an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) and reference check will be obtained for the chosen candidate.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 07773 553112
Diversity and Equality statement – At Gympanzees we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. It is our mission to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our community and its employees.